Internet of Things (IoT) is a huge number of objects they communicate over a network or the Internet. These objects are a combination of electronics, sensors, and a software to control the way of working other parts of the object. Each object generates and collects data from its environment using sensors and transfer to other objects or a central database through a channel. Keeping this generated data and its transformation is one of the biggest challenges in IoT today and it is one of the biggest concerns of all organizations that they use IoT technology. In this workshop, we will start by introducing Internet of Things, then we will give some examples of IoT such us Smart Home, and finally, we will talk about IoT Security and Challenges. IoT Security ranges from the software layer security, board, and chip, vulnerable cryptography algorithm, protocol, and network security, social engineering, malware like (viruses, ransomware, trojan horses). As there are a variety of IoT devices and the rapid emergence of new devices, it is difficult to measure the security of IoT systems and identify risks and vulnerabilities.
- Dr. Sattar B. Sadkhan, University of Babylon, SMIEEE- IEEE Iraq Section, Representative
- Mr. Sarkar Hasan Ahmed, Sulaimani Polytechnic University, Computer Science Institute
- Mr. Mohammed Abdul Razzaq, Duhok Polytechnic University, Duhok Technical Institute
- Mr. Saleem Ibraheem, Duhok Polytechnic University, Technical College of Informatics-Akre
Theme and Topics:
- Introduction to IoT
- Smart Home as an application of IoT
- IoT Security and challenges
- This workshop is intended for a formal researcher from many displacing specializations such as eGovernment, Smart Government, Smart City, Smart Home, Robotics, and IoT. In addition, the people included which are interested in working of IoT Security and solving challenges of IoT data transformation in a secure way.
- Maximum Enrolment: 30
Duration of the Workshop:
- Half–day (3 x 25 minutes presentations)
- October 10, 2018, Second day of “International Conference on Advanced Science and Engineering (ICOASE 2018)”
- Requested Time: 9:00 am –10:30 am.
List of Presentations and Speakers:
- (Introduction to the Internet of Things), Presented by Mohammed Abdulrazaq, Duhok Polytechnic University, Department of Computer Science
- (Smart Home as an application of IoT), Saleem Ibraheem, Duhok Polytechnic University, Department of Computer Science
- (IoT Security and Challenges), Sarkar Hasan Ahmed, Sulaimani Polytechnic University, Computer Science Institute
- 08:30 – 09:00, Registration
- 09:00 – 09:10, Opening the Workshop & Welcoming Speeches
- 09:10 – 09:35, First Presentation
- 09:35 – 10:00, Second Presentation
- 10:00 – 10:30, Third Presentation
Website and Contact:
The registration is free of charge. To register to the workshop, please fill the registration form.