Partial shading of photovoltaic panels can highly degrade their performances and paralyze them from producing any significant energy. In extreme cases, a permanent damage can be inflicted on the system that can lead to out of service situation. In this workshop, a faulty system is analyzed from the electrical circuit point of view by using photovoltaic cells equivalent circuit. At the same time, the problem is modeled on MATLAB simscape and the results are compared with theoretically obtained ones.
- Mr. Swar A Zubeer, Duhok Polytechnic University
- Dr. Ezideen A Hasso, Energy Engineering Department, Duhok Polytechnic University
Theme and Topics
- Introduction to Solar Energy in Kurdistan (Mr. Swar Zubeer)
- Effect of Partial Shading Problem of Solar Panel (Mr. Swar Zubeer)
- Circuit Analysis of Partial Shading (Dr. Ezideen Hasso)
- MATLAB Simulation (Dr. Ezideen Hasso)
- Remedy (Dr. Ezideen Hasso)
- The workshop sheds light on the problem of partial shading in solar panels, and the problem is explained in a simplified way hence the audience can be of diverse background electrical and mechanical engineers and technicians as well as physics background.
Duration of the Workshop:
- Full–day (6 x 25 minutes presentations) + (1 x 90 minutes Laboratory Demonstration).
- October 10, 2018, Second day of “International Conference on Advanced Science and Engineering (ICOASE 2018)”,
- Requested Time: Left to the conference Administration (minimum 25 min)
- 10:30 – 11:00, Registration
- 11:00 – 11:10, Opening the Workshop & Welcoming Speeches
- 11:10 – 11:35, First Presentation
- 11:35 – 12:10, Second Presentation
- 12:10 – 12:20, End Notes
- 12:20 – 12:30, Certificates & Closing the Workshop
Website and Contact:
- Website: http://icoase2018.uoz.edu.krd
- Email: email@example.com
The registration is free of charge. To register to the workshop, please fill the registration form.