Nanostructure covers the major concepts and fundamentals of nanoscience and nanotechnology confirming characteristics, properties, and applications of numerous nanostructures. Nanostructures is the significant source of reference for early-career researchers, practicing materials scientists and engineers seeking a focused overview of the science of nanostructures, systems of nanostructured, and their industrial implementations. Also the nanostructures refer to structures or materials that have at least one dimension falling in nanometer scale between 1 and 100 nm. The different sub-fields of nanotechnology focus on the fabrication (synthesis), characterization, and application of nanostructures. Clearly, there are two approaches to preparation or fabrication of the nanostructures which are bottom-up and top down. In addition to wide effort in the nanostructures fabrication, the present research and development of nanostructure are focused on the investigation of fundamental properties of materials such as, optical, electrical, and mechanical properties at the scale of Nano, and the development of novel implementations in broad domain of engineering fields. The goals of this workshop are to provide the excellent opportunity to present latest topics (Nanomaterials) and inexpensive methods or techniques of nanostructures fabrication (preparation) such as seed layer preparation and nanostructures growth with their implementations related to the field of nanoelectronic (optoelectronics) devices with discussion the key aspects of them.
- Dr. Ahmed Fattah Abdulrahman, University of Zakho, Department of Physics
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Sabah Mohammed Ahmed, University of Duhok, Department of Physics
Theme and Topics
- Introduction to Nanotechnology and Nanostructures.
- Characterization of Nanostructures (Microscopy & Spectroscopy)
- Seed Layer Preparation.
- Nanostructures Growth (MCBD).
- Nanostructures Growth (Microwaves Assistant CBD).
- Applications of Nanostructures.
- Nanostructures Growth Laboratory Demonstration.
- This workshop is intended for a formal researcher from many displacing specialization such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Material Engineering, Material Science, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, who have an interest in understanding the nanostructures preparation, nanotechnology, material science, semiconductors and solid state physics background. In addition, the people included which are interested in the investigation of nanostructures material in different applications such as: UV Light Sensor, LED, Solar Cell, Gas Sensor, pH Sensor, water splitting, Diode, and etc.
- Maximum Enrolment: 60
Duration of the Workshop
- Half–day (6 x 15 minutes presentations) + (1 x 60 minutes Laboratory Demonstration).
- October 10, 2018, Second day of “International Conference on Advanced Science and Engineering (ICOASE 2018)”,
- Requested Time: 8:30 am –12:15 pm.
List of Presentations and Speakers
- (Introduction to Nanotechnology and Nanostructures), Asst. Prof. Dr. Azeez Abdullah Barzinjy, Salahaddin University, Department of Physics,
- (Characterization of Nanostructures (Microscopy & Spectroscopy), Asst. Prof. Dr. Sabah Mohammed Ahmed, University of Duhok, Department of Physics,
- (Seed Layer Preparation), Asst. Prof. Dr. Samir Mustafa Hamad, Soran University, Department of Physics.
- (Growth of Nanostructures Part 1 (MCBD)), Dr. Ahmed Fattah Abdulrahman, University of Zakho, Department of Physics,
- (Growth of Nanostructures Part 2 (Microwaves Assistant)), Dr. Amin Kalo Qasim, University of Zakho, Department of Chemistry,
- (Applications of Nanostructures), Dr. Hussein Ismael Salim, University of Zakho, Department of Physics,
- 08:30 – 09:00, Registration
- 09:00 – 09:10, Opening the Workshop & Welcoming Speeches
- 09:10 – 09:25, First Presentation
- 09:25 – 09:40, Second Presentation
- 09:40 – 09:55, Third Presentation
- 09:55 – 10:05, Coffee & Tea Break
- 10:05 – 10:20, Fourth Presentation
- 10:20 – 10:35, Fifth Presentation
- 10:35 – 10:50, Sixth Presentation
- 10:50 – 11:50, Nanostructures Growth Lab. Demonstration (Laboratory Demonstration)
- 11:50 – 12:00, End Notes
- 12:00 – 12:15, Certificates & Closing the Workshop
Website and Contact:
The registration is free of charge. To register to the workshop, please fill the registration form.